Wednesday 8 December 2010

Review of Promotional Article

To prepare for the upcoming publication of my music magazine I had to create a feature article that promoted my new artist. this had to be done by showing my persuasive writing skills and also connecting to my magazines target audience. In my article my main feature was promoting two new rappers who have recently risen to near dominance in the rap scene and gives readers a insight into their life and personality and success to date.






The persuasive techniques that i used mostly were hyperbole, which was used to exaggerate certain aspects of my artists and a lot of statistics to really show my audience about the success of my artists, I learnt how to do this by looking at a example of a promotional magazine which was about mercury award winning artist Dizzee Rascal were a lot of hyperbole was present to exaggerate his already huge success as well as statistics and a quote from a famous artist giving him praise and also a list of the different destinations that he has performed in.

Looking at this article was a good thing to base mine on as it allowed me to see and learn the different techniques that I would have to use in order to write a promotional article effectively.

When writing my first draft I made the mistake of writing too much and going off topic, doing a interview based article rather than focusing on the promotional part of it, although my introduction was good I didn't really promote my NEW artists, but instead it was written as if they were already established stars in the music business.

When I recieved my first draft back I corrected this by use a lot more of the promotional writing techniques as i stated earlier implementing hyperbole, statistics, list of destinations my artists have been to, quotes from famous people, financial figures, timeline of their success to date and also promoted a new upcoming debut album they were releasing.

This not only gained me a good understanding of promotional techniques of writing, but also allowed me to see how to write a article for a magazine, something I had no experience of doing prior to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment