Friday 12 November 2010

Masthead Analysis






For this task I had to create three different Masthead's for my music magazine called 'Light Up Magazine', before creating he masthead's we had to think about how our magazine's masthead would somehow represent our magazine's target audience and genre. Because the name of my magazine was called 'Light Up Magazine' I decided the main thing that I wanted to do was create a lighting up effect with my masthead to link with the name of my magazine and therefore create a distinctive brand identity for my magazine and also to give it a edgy feeling which is associated with Hip-Hop music.

In all three of my designs this lighting up effect is shown with, for the first design, a use of a outer glow against a black background to create that lighting up effect with the 'criovision' font i found on Dafont.com.
In addition to that with my second design i also used a outer glow to cause the lighting up effect but this time without the black background and using the 'bloodshack' font.
However for my third design I went for a different approach using the 'Janinosjuosta' font and instead of using a outer glow I used a yellow drop shadow and a black inner glow to make the light the background instead.

In the end i decided to use my first design as the masthead for my magazine because I mostly liked how the light seemed to be growing from the text rather than beng the background like in my third design, it also had a nice edgy, but at the same time formal look which i think blends well with Hip-Hop and my target audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment