Saturday 6 November 2010

Target Audience Profile


In terms of demographics and psychographics of my target audience our expected of a young age from 15-30 which is represented from the use of modern technological items like the Iphone. The reason i've also put in social networking sites and video sharing websites like facebook, twitter, myspace and youtube is because in this day and age these websites are heavily associated with not only youth culture but culture as a whole and this therefore is why social networking and video sharing sites are a essential part of the audience I am trying to target.

The main thing that my magazine is suppose to represent though is urban culture, so people who follow urban music and are from a area like hackney in london for example are going to be heavily targeted, this is shown on my target audience profile through use of urban clothing, Lil Waynes 'Carter 3' album, a image of london rapper Tinie Tempah and also a image of Hip-Hop and RnB radio station BBC 1Xtra.

Also although my magazine is targetted for people of all races who enjoy Hip-Hop music because of the fact that Hip-Hop's audience is a primarily Black audience, that is the race I am looking to target the most, that is why images of black rappers like Tinie Tempah and Lil Wayne are up and also a image of The black entertainment television channel's logo.

Finally all the images I have used of people are of males which is because Hip-Hop is a very much masculine genre of music and is more male dominated which is also why I have placed a picture of famous footballer Cristiano Ronaldo on my target audience profile because of the fact that he also takes part in a sport that is male dominated.

No comments:

Post a Comment